Isabelle BichindaritzLatest answers
What has your research focused on?
I've done research on dozens of different computer science related topics. Some include:
- Intelligent learning systems involving machine learning, case-based reasoning and data mining
- Knowledge discovery and data science
- Knowledge representation and ontologies
- Knowledge-based systems, decision-support systems
- Bioinformatics, computational biology, and phyloinformatics
- Medical informatics, artificial intelligence in medicine
What are some of the most memorable courses you have taught?
I absolutely love artificial intelligence. I taught 4 different classes on that front. I also thoroughly enjoy Computer Graphic, Discrete Structures, Software Engineering, and CSS courses.
What are your specialties, Dr. Bichindaritz?
I currently work as the Director of Biomedical and Health Informatics at SUNY Oswego. My specialties include machine learning, artificial intelligence, case-based reasoning, biomedical informatics, bioinformatics, data science, cognitive science, neuroinformatics, public health informatics, text mining, image mining, multimedia mining, knowledge discovery, knowledge representation, temporal reasoning, knowledge-based systems, complex systems, and intelligent tutoring systems.