@Hadacol

Herbert Henry Asquith

What is the worst advice you have ever been given? Qual é o pior conselho que já te deram?

alyssonzurcmann’s Profile PhotoALLYSSON ZURKEMANN
Just yesterday, someone angrily demanded that I stop picking up litter (with a mechanical device; I never touch it with my hands) and depositing it in bins, because I might spread covid-19 by doing so!?
He said my actions were against the law and I pointed out that this is a load of old shit, that I know more about the law than he does, and that several council workers were in the park, none of whom had complained about my activities.
If I had listened to this man (something probably went wrong in his life; it has nothing to do with me) I would leave this filth on the ground.
He also said I should be at home, even though (as I reminded him) he was obviously not at home himself. When he 'explained' that he was exercising, I asked what he thought I was doing in the park in the first place!
Then I walked off and left him talking to himself.
So much truly awful advice given, and my life would be like his if I followed it.

Fun to hear that you were picking up litter in the park for exercise. Is this something that you do regularly?

StephenInd’s Profile PhotoStephen Ind
Yes, I go to the park 10 times a week and go further afield at weekends :)
I have a litter picking device and walk round with a bag (I often find the bags on the floor!) loading litter and putting it in the public bins, which the litterbugs have obviously failed to notice.
Then I throw the bag away, also in the public bin, & wash my hands.
I'd rather not have to do it but the yobs continue to strew their filth on the ground and the council continue to fail to clear it!
Liked by: Stephen Ind Doug

On our local community’s FB page there’s a steady stream of people who’ve been out walking, complaining about people they’ve seen out walking

CactusDoug’s Profile PhotoDoug
I do also feel that of the three R's (reduce, reuse, recycle) the first is by far the most important. I've heard it said that if all litter were put in bins, the waste disposal system would be overwhelmed. So the only real answer is to consume less tat.

Language: English