What advice would you give someone who has never appreciated metal health issues but now kinda needs someone to talk to?

Odd source, but this LifeHacker article actually covers the process of getting help in a pretty concise manner. http://lifehacker.com/5874359/how-do-i-select-a-therapist-or-counselor
In short, find a social worker or therapist (who accepts your insurance if you're in the US) and make an appointment. The first, hardest step is asking for help (the appointment) and talking to the stranger (showing up to it). Your primary care physician can help recommend a practice if you want some advice on it.
And the best advice I can give: don't just try to tough it out. Everyone needs some help sometimes, so don't let pride hold you back.

View more