I'm legally male and recently had a hysterectomy. My insurance is declining it because I'm male. The doctor's office told me to (get this) change my gender to F so they can get paid. I won't. But now I'm being held responsible for the bill. How do I go about this?

Appeal and keep appealing. The ACA states that you cannot be discriminated against. Cite the ACA and, if you need, file complaints with your state insurance board and since HHS oversees the implication of the ACA, you can also contact them:

View more