@farhaniqbal1

Farhan Iqbal

There is this Hadith about how it’s sinful to even carry alcohol in one home or sell it in a store even if one is not consuming it. With this logic, would it be wrong if I sold an immodest dress online for profit. Like buying it for less than retail and then reselling it?

Immodest is a relative term; I'm not sure what you mean. There are dresses Muslim women can wear in front of their husbands or close family but when they go out, they should do purdah.

That’s kinda of what was bothering me because immodest is a relative term. If I sell a dress that I myself wouldn’t wear in public( but I would in front of my husband) is that wrong? Maybe I shouldn’t be comparing clothes and alcohol?

Yeah, alcohol is too definitive. There are very rare possibilities for the use of alcohol, like in medicine. But clothing is too much of a grey area.
If I start thinking of this at a broader level... as a businesswoman, you cannot really control how people use your products. For instance, you could sell a house and the next owner could use that house to sell drugs. You wouldn't be held accountable for THEIR actions. You are selling clothes; not imposing your religion on the buyers.
Liked by: satwat rana

Language: English