@lisamcimorelli

Lisa Cimorelli

call me back

NEW MUSIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! My next single is called #FadingAway and it comes out MAY 22ND ?
Every other song I’ve released was written when I was very in touch with my emotions and couldn’t help but express them. This song was kind of the opposite.
I wrote it in August when I realized how numb I’d become and how much that scared me. I literally felt like I was fading away and didn’t know how to stop it. Sometimes the scariest feelings are not shockwaves of anger or sadness but the subtle disappearance of pain or joy altogether. I’ve been very in touch with myself most of my life so to feel nothing for an extended period of time was really alarming for me. It felt like I was malfunctioning.
Luckily, I figured out why.
I learned I have a subtle yet monstrous problem with people pleasing. I put other people’s well-being above my own in a very subconscious way. I suppressed my needs for so long in favor of pleasing others that I almost completely lost touch with my own feelings and desires. I became so unimportant in my own life that my emotions shut off completely and left nothing but a dark, empty numbness.
This is one of my biggest struggles and I’m definitely not over it but luckily I can work on it now that I’m aware of it.
If you’ve ever run yourself into the ground and felt absolutely last in your life, you will relate to this song. It’s scary to feel so disconnected but I’ve learned that taking care of myself and asking for what I need are two big ways to reconnect.
Speaking up is so scary but I have to believe that I am worth the effort. If everyone else deserves to be happy, so do I. If I would do so much for others, I deserve that same effort toward my own health and happiness. I won’t let myself fade away.
SO excited for you guys to hear #FadingAway MAY 22ND ?
I fully produced/recorded this entire song, just me and my piano :) I imagined full production when I wrote it but when I made the demo, it felt so haunting and raw that I couldn’t bring myself to change it. I hope you guys love it and can be reminded of the importance of speaking up! You deserve a good life just as much as the people you’re trying to make happy. Love you guys ?
call me back

Language: English