@FatimaMohamed757

Fátima M. Nabil

Do u think u fit in with the broader Egyptian society, and public? I certainly don't fit in my society here in SA.

hakimnaved’s Profile PhotoHakim Freethinker
I don't fit, & ppl keep telling me that I don't fit, family members & friends & even complete strangers would tell me ur different, sometimes in a good way and other times in a bad way.
I got used to it, & it didn't keep me from establishing close friendships & loving my family, I don't hate my country either, but I know my thinking would be more acceptable outside of it.

Same here, I try to maintain good, loving, and close relationships with Muslim family & friends, but coz they think "I don't fit in with their orthodox Islamic value system," they try to maintain a "safe" distance from me.

hakimnaved’s Profile PhotoHakim Freethinker
I am one of the majority here, despite my brain being a bit unusual I still look & behave like the majority & so I am not subjected to a discrimination that can be compared to urs, and I'm sorry u r subjected to that of course, and I try to be supportive of the minorities here & be a friend to a diverse grp of ppl.
When i say I don't fit I mean it in a privileged way :'D like I disagree with the norm here sometimes, but no one is keeping a distance or not being friendly or anything like that.

Language: English