@FatimaMohamed757

Fátima M. Nabil

Which one do you prefer?

Not a tech nerd but based on my experience, iOS has quality but not quantity, when it comes to apps, like u get ibooks for example which is pretty cool as an app compared to other Android reading apps I tried, but then not all the apps work on IOS, it kind of limits you to what they have to offer you, also sharing and file transfer is not as smooth as Android
Android is the most practical and has a surplus of apps, designs and sharing options, also Android devices are much cheaper and affordable.
Windows for phones (I tried it) is so so limited and app developers think of Android and IOS mainly I guess and design their platforms for them.
If ur super rich and u believe what IOS has to offer is the best anyways, u like exclusivity & all ur devices are IOS, I guess that solves the file transfer issues and u get a great quality with IOS
If ur not super rich and ur more on the practical side then Android is best for a mobile phone.
I think apple makes the best tablets by far though, but they are so expensive 😅

I have an iPad 2 (ancient🙄), which my son gave me a few years ago. It can't go beyond iOS 9.3, so a lot of apps stopped working on it since about 3 years ago already. My daughter gave me her old iPhone 6s. I've used Samsung Galaxy too. (Cont.)

hakimnaved’s Profile PhotoHakim Freethinker
They do that to force u to upgrade ur device, it's pretty annoying indeed.
Liked by: Hakim Freethinker

(2/2) Frankly, according to my experience, Apple is overrated, and ridiculously expensive, to "maintain that exclusive image,0 I think. I prefer android anytime, plus for the reasons you mentioned. I concur.

hakimnaved’s Profile PhotoHakim Freethinker
Yup too much money tbh and the upgrading issue forces u to change ur device eventually.

It is more that just stopping the updates.They intentionally slow down older devices and encourage developers to only release apps for the new versions only. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/apple-iphones-slow-down-old-models-smartphone-speed-ios-updates-a8121906.html

AmrAlSayed0’s Profile PhotoAmr Al Sayed
The super rich won't care, they. Would upgrade anyways, us, middle class ppl who can barely afford them need an extra motivation to buy the new version, this evil plan is great, terrible but great.
It is more that just stopping the updatesThey intentionally slow down older

Apple would/should care when this info becomes public. They would loose those middle class customers and there is far more of them than the upper class. But I guess they always have painted their products as status symbols rather than technologically superior. Even their ads reflect that.

I don't think they'll lose them :'D

I think it already happened, their revenue platued in 2019 for the first time since 2007. That's not to mention the rise of Chinese (Android) brands in China and India.

I just googled it and some articles claim the market is unstable because of Trump's trade war with China ....and that smartphone sales globally are "flat or falling" and that apple is still out performing Samsung...it also says that the new releases of iPhones aren't that different from the previous ones from like 2017 so ppl aren't upgrading....not that (ppl r boycotting apple for their evil conspiracy)...if apple drops a new super attractive phone that's different from the past ones, ppl would still buy it, even middle class individuals, they will save up for it and get it, I believe.

https://youtu.be/o5xxIciBSME Ironically, All the screens and processers used on Apple products are made by Samsung.Samsung benefits no matter what.Anyway, your arguments are still as logical as ever 😅 and I don't think it is interesting (not to you atleast) t go any deeper into the economics of it.

We're talking about smartphone sales not parts, the public doesn't care who made their screens as long as it has the apple on the back :'D not to say apple phones are worthless again I believe they are high quality but too expensive.
What's interesting is that such economic dysfunctional marriages as described in the video is so similar to the relationship between USA and china, as economies, they are at war yet they have massive mutual trade benefits.

Language: English