@asgardarts#75 🇬🇧

Livi;

You’ve spoken about how awful school was for you due to bullying, so I wanted to ask how uni life was for you?

You’re very observant! :)
It was a bit better, thanks. I wouldn’t have said it was an overly positive experience in regards to social life, but it was certainly a step up from school!
I don’t know, it’s weird. I feel like in the arts, everyone is somewhat competitive and sees others as a potential threat in terms of success and moving forward in the industry. With being able to see some people’s motives, it’s hard to feel like you can fully trust anyone or be genuine friends with them. Not all people obviously, but this was my experience, especially during my undergrad degree. It was very “dog eat dog” and unpleasant. I just stopped trying to make friends in the end and kept to myself. I was friendly and such when interacting with people, but aside from that, I just felt different so I embraced it more really.
The masters was a bit better, but unfortunately the few people I bonded quite well with live in other countries, the other side of the world. That and a few that live here I thought were good friends, but I don’t know anymore :)
Sorry for the ramble!

No need to apologise, ramble away! I asked because I was interested. Were the friends you made who now live in other countries from those countries or did they move for work/life reasons? Hopefully when the whole corona thing is over (approx 20 years 😂) you can visit them!

Haha, thanks!! I appreciate it :) Yeah they’re from those countries, most of my class were international students. Ahah I know, it certainly feels like the “new normal” will last that long! Very true, it’d be lovely to see them at some point in the future! :)
Liked by: Freya

Language: English